Icelandic horse centre
Conference and course centre
We offer accommodation for up to twenty people. All rooms have four beds, linen and hand towels are provided. Most rooms have an ensuite shower room. A fully equipped kitchen and laundry room (washing machine and drier) are available plus a
large sitting room and outdoor terrace.
Besides our riding centre and stud farm we have many other activities for our guests to enjoy which include:
- Small animals: e.g. goats, rabbits, chickens and Icelandic dogs.
- Well marked walking trails.
- Pulpit Rock, a local and world famous landmark.
- Municipal swimming pool and saunas.
- Basketball court.
- Football stadium.
- Clay pigeon shooting.
- Boat hire.
- Indoor climbing wall.
- Swimming in the sea, local rivers and lakes.
- Fishing, both sea (free of charge) and fresh water (national licence for sea trout and salmon needed and can be obtained locally). Day cards for game fishing are available for several local rivers.
- Landa, a reconstructed Iron and Bronze Age village, this is next door to us and in seasons has guided tours.
- Hot tub.
- Express boat to Stavanger ( carries cars) three days a week.
- Boat trips in Lysefjord (late spring through summer).
- Car ferry from Forsand to all stops along Lysefjord (late spring through summer)
- Day trips to Uburen (This trip to a famous viewpoint takes between three to four hours)